Re: Any reason why the default_with_oids GUC is still there?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Any reason why the default_with_oids GUC is still there?
Дата
Re: Any reason why the default_with_oids GUC is still there?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>
> > Mind you, it wouldn't take a *big* reason to persuade me to remove it.
> > But bigger than that.
>
> Actually, I can think of a fairly sizable reason not to remove it:
> pg_dump issues "SET default_with_oids" commands in its scripts, and
> has done for lo these many years.  So you'd be breaking backwards
> compatibility with even-quite-recent dumps.
>
> It'd be possible to work around that; for example, if you don't use
> --single-transaction to restore the dump then you could just ignore
> the errors.  But it still is not something to just lightly break.

Also, doesn't some SQL standard require oids, so we should have a way to
enable them by default for all tables?

http://enterprisedb.com

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Any reason why the default_with_oids GUC is still there?
Сообщение: Re: Any reason why the default_with_oids GUC is still there?