Re: Int64GetDatum

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Int64GetDatum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John R Pierce wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > No, but trying to build against a non-self-consistent set of files is
> > bad.  You really need a pg_config.h that matches the original build of
> > the server, and you haven't got that.  I think Greg's point is that
> > trying to reverse-engineer that file is considerably more risky than
> > building your own packages from scratch.
> >
> and once again totally concurring with what you are saying...  for
> laughs, I went ahead and tweaked the fields in a copy of the 32bit
> pg_config.h that I suspected were obviously wrong, and rebuilt my module
> against that, and it got through most of the pl/java test suite.
>

> so I know I'm on the right track, I just need the right pg_config.h from
> Bjorn and all will be well with my world.

Yes, great.  One point is that while you are trying to fix this for
the one-off case, we should be realizing that we need a proper fix so
all your future upgrades will be clean, and other users will not also
have this problem.  I agree with your approach to first find out if the
Solaris build is wrong, and then get that fixed.  You are right that
just rebuilding the install for pl/java would not have accomplished the
larger fix.

Сообщение: Re: Ltree - how to sort nodes on parent node
Сообщение: Re: Ltree - how to sort nodes on parent node