Re: Ltree - how to sort nodes on parent node

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Ltree - how to sort nodes on parent node
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 19 Apr 2010, at 9:23, cojack wrote:

> Hello,

> id |                     path                      | sort

> ----+-----------------------------------------------+------

>  1 | Top                                           |    1

>  2 | Top.Science                                   |    1

>  3 | Top.Science.Astronomy                         |    1

>  4 | Top.Science.Astronomy.Astrophysics            |    1

>  5 | Top.Science.Astronomy.Cosmology               |    2

>  6 | Top.Hobbies                                   |    2

>  7 | Top.Hobbies.Amateurs_Astronomy                |    2

>  8 | Top.Collections                               |    3
>  9 | Top.Collections.Pictures                      |    1
> 10 | Top.Collections.Pictures.Astronomy            |    1
> 11 | Top.Collections.Pictures.Astronomy.Stars      |    1
> 12 | Top.Collections.Pictures.Astronomy.Galaxies   |    2
> 13 | Top.Collections.Pictures.Astronomy.Astronauts |    3
> 15 | Top.Science.Programing                        |    3

It would help if you'd show us what result you expect from ordering the above.

Most people would order this by path I think. However that doesn't match your sort column and I can't think of any
methodthat would give results in such an arbitrary order as you seem to be specifying - unless you set it by hand like
youdo.

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4bcc9b1e10415135793547!