Re: Int64GetDatum

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Int64GetDatum
Дата
Re: Int64GetDatum  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Yes, great.  One point is that while you are trying to fix this for
> the one-off case, we should be realizing that we need a proper fix so
> all your future upgrades will be clean, and other users will not also
> have this problem.  I agree with your approach to first find out if the
> Solaris build is wrong, and then get that fixed.  You are right that
> just rebuilding the install for pl/java would not have accomplished the
> larger fix.

yeah, for sure.

there's a definite structural problem in that the 32 bit and 64 bit
Solaris binaries are in the same tree, with just the bin and lib
directories differentiated.  you can in theory install them both, and
point them to different $PGDATA directories, and have them both running
at once,   but they share the include directory, so anything like a
pl/*** you build from source against this tree will have problems.

A temporary acceptable solution would be to simply acknowlege this
problem in the build release notes and specify that you either only
install the one package you want, or if you install them both, the one
you install *last* will be the only one you can build something like
pl/java against.       This is somewhat sketchy, but still an
improvement over the current.

I don't know if the build trees can be structured so the include
directories can be differentiated the same as the bin and lib...   I see
the include dir location is supplied by pg_config, but I don't know how
consistently this is used by something like pl/java's build.

# /usr/postgres/8.4-community/bin/pg_config     # 32bit version
BINDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/bin
DOCDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/share/doc
HTMLDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/share/doc
INCLUDEDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/include
PKGINCLUDEDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/include
INCLUDEDIR-SERVER = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/include/server
LIBDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/lib
PKGLIBDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/lib
LOCALEDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/share/locale
MANDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/man
SHAREDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/share
SYSCONFDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/etc
PGXS = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
.......rest deleted.....

# /usr/postgres/8.4-community/bin/64/pg_config    # 64bit version
BINDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/bin/64
DOCDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/share/doc
HTMLDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/share/doc
INCLUDEDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/include
PKGINCLUDEDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/include
INCLUDEDIR-SERVER = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/include/server
LIBDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/lib/64
PKGLIBDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/lib/64
LOCALEDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/share/locale
MANDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/man
SHAREDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/share
SYSCONFDIR = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/etc
PGXS = /usr/postgres/8.4-community/lib/64/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
.......rest deleted.....