Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standbyaftermaintenance - Please help

От Scott Whitney
Тема Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standbyaftermaintenance - Please help
Дата
Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standbyaftermaintenance - Please help
Список pgsql-admin
>That's most likely because you have too small an FSM.  Have you tuned
>that?

My settings are:

max_fsm_pages = 1500000                 # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6 bytes
each
max_fsm_relations = 70000               # min 100, ~70 bytes each

It's quite possible that those settings are too low, but I've honestly no
idea how to estimate these other than trial and error. I've not had the time
to really brush up on that level of tuning.

>> or it could be due to a variety of other factors, but also my pg_clog
>> directory does not clear out, but continues to create new clog
>> segments.

>That's expected.  If pg_clog size bothers you, there's another parameter
>you can tweak.  However, pg_clog size should not normally be a problem;
>it's just 32kB for every million transactions or something like that.

Right, the problem was that I ran into db corruption a couple of years ago,
and I had thousands of clog segments sitting out there with uncommitted
transactions, for whatever reason. Turns out it had something to do with
template1 not getting vacuumed, near as I could tell. Once I recovered from
that nightmare, the only way I found to ensure that the clogs were properly
removed was to vac full for whatever reason.

Сообщение: Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standby aftermaintenance - Please help
Сообщение: Re: Catching up Production from Warm Standby aftermaintenance - Please help