Re: Connect to server PG from laptop java app

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Connect to server PG from laptop java app
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sunday 05 April 2009 11:28:09 am Jennifer Trey wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to create my DB schema on the server through my development
> laptop.
> I have installed Web Server 2008 and PostgreSQL. They are both running. For
> some reason its not working. Do I need to open some firewall ports?
> PostgreSQL runs on 5432. ( I think I did that though). Do I need to
> configure PG somehow as well?
>
> Thanks / Jennifer

This begs several questions, but first let me see if I can sketch out the
layout.

Laptop(OS ?) <--> App(Java) <--> WebServer 2008(Windows) <--> Postgres(Version?)

Questions:
1) Is logging enabled at the various points in the chain and if so what do the
logs say?
2) Is there an authentication mechanism and if so, is the correct information
being passed through the chain?
3) Do you have network connectivity outside this above chain i.e can you ping
the server from the laptop?

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net