Re: Connect to server PG from laptop java app

От ries van Twisk
Тема Re: Connect to server PG from laptop java app
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 5, 2009, at 1:28 PM, Jennifer Trey wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to create my DB schema on the server through my
> development laptop.
>
> I have installed Web Server 2008 and PostgreSQL. They are both
> running. For some reason its not working.

Define : "it's"

> Do I need to open some firewall ports?

maybe, please use some network probe tool (telnet even!!)

> PostgreSQL runs on 5432. ( I think I did that though).

Yes

> Do I need to configure PG somehow as well?

properly...

Please read the docs on how to setup PG tfor remote access.
If you use a search engine please search for pg_hba.conf.

I don't know what Web Server 2008 and can't help you there,

Ries

> Thanks / Jennifer

Сообщение: Re: Connect to server PG from laptop java app
Сообщение: Re: Connect to server PG from laptop java app