Recommend ORM for postgresql, good with .net

От novnov
Тема Recommend ORM for postgresql, good with .net
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is really a scattershot question because I have little exposure to ORMs
and only vaguely formulated requirements.

Some background...I like postgresql a lot and also use sql server and
oracle. I/we are usually responsible for all of the parts of an app, from
the rdbms to the user interface. We do a lot on Windows with .net (visual
basic) but are getting exposure to flex on the interface side of things. So
far we've been able to keep clear of ORMs and code generators.

A project is coming up which will need be be deployed against both
postgresql and oracle (different deploys). This may be forcing us to use an
ORM so that the interface is more independent of the rdbms.

I would really value any input on this topic from the people here. The ORM
would not have to be open source, ie we could buy something. We want it to
be as simple to pick up and use as possible. We don't want to lose the
ability to execute procs in postgres (nhibernate seems to have that
limitation, as the front page states that stored procedures are supported
for sql server).