Re: Connect to server PG from laptop java app

От Johan Nel
Тема Re: Connect to server PG from laptop java app
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jennifer,

Jennifer Trey wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to create my DB schema on the server through my
> development laptop.
>
> I have installed Web Server 2008 and PostgreSQL. They are both running.
> For some reason its not working. Do I need to open some firewall ports?
> PostgreSQL runs on 5432. ( I think I did that though). Do I need to
> configure PG somehow as well?

Default PG installation is setup to work only on localhost or 127.0.0.1

You need to edit your pg_hba.conf file too.  Look for the lines:
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

Add a line below that depending the IP address range that you want to
connect from, similar to:
host all all 10.0.0.1/8 md5

Remember to reload your configuration.

HTH,