Re: Totally inappropriate by-line for a major representative of this organization

От Dru Devore
Тема Re: Totally inappropriate by-line for a major representative of this organization
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I can't believe the world has come to this. When someone can't voice
their own beliefs the world has come to a very sad state.

I for one would be happy to have Christ be my backup.

Mr. Runnion,

You are being prejudice against not only Christians but anyone else that
wants to post a tagline saying something they believe. There is
something inherently wrong with that kind of thing.

As far as I am concerned, Bruce you keep it up I for one like the
tagline.

> As a subscriber to many postgresql mailing lists, I received one today
> in which Bruce Momjian was respondind to a query from Stefano Nichele
> regarding the last_autovacuum field. As always, Bruce's response was
> cogent and undoubtedly accurate. What astounded and dismayed me,
> however, was his signature byline, which reads:
>
> -
>   Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
>   EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com
>
>   + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +
>

> Surely, given the multi-cultural/multi-national/multi-theological users/supporters/advocates of the postgresql and
EnterpriseDBdevelopments and distributions, the inappropriateness of this declaration by Mr. Momjian _as a
representativeof EnterpriseDB_ is inexcusable, unless EnterpriseDB itself is positing itself as a secularly-biased
organization.

> Regardless, please terminate all further communications from all postgresql and EnterpriseDB mail lists until such
timeas this situation can be corrected.