Re: System in Recovery Mode

От Michael Monnerie
Тема Re: System in Recovery Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Montag, 25. Februar 2008 Aaron Bono wrote:
> We did have a hard drive problem (errors on the drive) in the past
> and they had to swap out a drive.  It is a RAID configuration so no
> backup/restore was necessary.

Even with a RAID system, a broken hard drive that doesn't show that it's
broken can cause severe data destroying: We've had this several times
already, with different RAID and drive combinations, SATA and SCSI,
doesn't matter. The symptom was that you write data to the drive, it
says OK, but upon reading you receive other data than you wrote. Even
RAID 1/5/6 doesn't help you here.

Doesn't mean you have the same, but from what you wrote I just wanted to
inform you that it's a fact that a single broken drive can destroy even
a RAIDs data very nasty.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0676/846 914 666                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                   Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Вложения