Re: System in Recovery Mode

От Aaron Bono
Тема Re: System in Recovery Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 09:53 -0600, Aaron Bono wrote:

<2008-02-25 07:15:24 CST username 127.0.0.1>ERROR:  unrecognized node
type: 4260493

> <2008-02-25 07:15:49 CST username 127.0.0.1>CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL
> function "get_branch_for_zip" line 61 at fetch

> <2008-02-25 07:15:56 CST  >LOG:  could not truncate directory
> "pg_multixact/members": apparent wraparound

Some interesting failures there.

Is this a modified Postgres server? Are you running externally supplied
C language functions? Have you had hardware problems?

This is NOT a modified PostgreSQL server.  We are not using any externally supplied C language functions or modules.  However, we did have to upgrade from what CPanel put on the server (it used version 7.x) and I don't know what CPanel has done.

We did have a hard drive problem (errors on the drive) in the past and they had to swap out a drive.  It is a RAID configuration so no backup/restore was necessary.  We do have intermittent problems with the server and believe it is related to Postgres.  Our SA assures us there are currently no system errors or other indications of hard drive problems.

We want to do an upgrade but are apprehensive as this is a production server.  Is there a place we can go to to get a good idea of how to perform an upgrade with as little interruption to service as possible?

Thanks,
Aaron

  Aaron Bono
  Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.