Re: How far does interrupting vacuum full rollback?

От Nick Urbanik
Тема Re: How far does interrupting vacuum full rollback?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Folks,

I would like to extend a big "Thank You" to all the great people who
answered my questions so quickly and helpfully.  I'd love to buy you
all a beer!

On 15/05/07 19:59 -0500, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 09:37:28AM +1000, Nick Urbanik wrote:
>> Will interrupting it (with Control-C) cause vacuuming of the previous
>> tables to be rolled back, or just the vacuuming of the current table?
>
>Just the current table.

Thank you!  You were absolutely right there.

>> WIll any of the work done on the current table remain if the vacuuming
>> process is interrupted?
>
>If it's had to cycle though the heap more than once due to running out
>of maintenance_work_mem (or whatever it's called in 7.3) then I believe
>some of the work will be saved.

Thanks.  It actually completed on that table before I interrupted it.
Everything is back in action, and I now breath more freely.

>> This is PostgreSQL 7.3.8.
>
>You should strongly consider upgrading to 8.2 or at least 8.1. If
>nothing else at least get on the latest 7.3 version.

Yes, I understand, but this system has been in production for some
time, and along with many others, will get an upgrade, but only when
we have time.  It's hard for a team of six people to manage around 430
servers as well as work on many other projects.  We just do the best
we can.
--
Nick Urbanik   RHCE         http://nicku.org        nicku@nicku.org

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: How overcome wait for vacuum full?
Сообщение: Re: How overcome wait for vacuum full?