Re: How far does interrupting vacuum full rollback?

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: How far does interrupting vacuum full rollback?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 09:37:28AM +1000, Nick Urbanik wrote:
> Dear Folks,
>
> I would like to interrupt this full vacuum run as:
>
> vacuum full verbose;
>
> which has vacuumed a number of tables.
>
> Will interrupting it (with Control-C) cause vacuuming of the previous
> tables to be rolled back, or just the vacuuming of the current table?

Just the current table.

> WIll any of the work done on the current table remain if the vacuuming
> process is interrupted?

If it's had to cycle though the heap more than once due to running out
of maintenance_work_mem (or whatever it's called in 7.3) then I believe
some of the work will be saved.

> This is PostgreSQL 7.3.8.

You should strongly consider upgrading to 8.2 or at least 8.1. If
nothing else at least get on the latest 7.3 version.
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org