Re: New to PostgreSQL

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: New to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Στις Τετάρτη 01 Νοέμβριος 2006 21:39, ο/η Mark Steben έγραψε:
> Good afternoon,
>

> I am a database administrator who has worked with mainframe DB2 databases
> for 16 years.  I am brand new to PostgreSQL.  I just started a new job
> where

Welcome to postgresql camp!
i was MVS, os/390,... "sysprog" myself for 4 years (until i realized that i
had to return to the real thing (unix) asap, so i left the job in the bank).

I think, apart from postgresql you gotta get familiar with the linux/*bsd/unix
concepts as well, as sometimes performance has to do with OS tuning too.

Features/concepts wise, i dont think you'll face big problems, since
you are coming from a rich rdbms.

--
Achilleas Mantzios