New to PostgreSQL

От Mark Steben
Тема New to PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: New to PostgreSQL  (Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>)
Список pgsql-admin

Good afternoon,

I am a database administrator who has worked with mainframe DB2 databases for 16 years.  I am brand new to PostgreSQL.  I just started a new job where

I am the only DBA in the company and am expected to ramp up as soon as possible.  Are there any courses available to me - either self-taught or

Classroom - that could provide me with a broad-brush introduction?  Right now my main resource is the PostgreSQL - The Comprehensive Guide,

By Korry and Susan Douglas - a very good reference that I am using as I tackle specific tasks.  I think a good overview would help me as I basically

Self-educate.

Thank you and I look forward to working with you through your mailing list.

Mark Steben

AutoRevenue

Lee, Massachusetts

MSteben@autorevenue.com