Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Could you please keep this inline.  Is there some reason the community
should not be able to read about debug logic?  I asked this question
last week, no reply.  Now, Mr. Dan is asking the same.

'What is the logic being followed here by ctid verification?  You collect
from the original db the locations of the rows that come up missing on
the target db.  How does that lead to an understanding of where the rows
"went?"'

Not knowing how pg technology would be used to trace what is going on
is limiting.  If you could move to solaris 10 and use dtrace to turn on
reporting based on some logic that draws you near to the "problem" rows,
that might make the trace data more manageable.  Also, it might point
to/away from an os problem.  I don't see how else you can determine what
is going on, but I sure would like to hear about the tools that are used
for this purpose in pg.  Please let us be informed.