Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4

От Mr. Dan
Тема Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hey Tom,

I've finished some vacuums on the table with the following results.  I'll
continue to run a couple more of these vacuums, but if you don't see another
post from me in the next couple of hours, you can assume that they continue
to look clean as well.

Thanks again for any clues on this.  I'd be interested in any alternatives,
like a trace if that's an option.  One thing I'm going to try next is to run
the COPY TO/FROM test on a redhat version of postgresql v8.1.4 that was
compiled with gcc 3.4.5 instead of gcc 3.4.3 & gmake version 3.80.
We are considering a test with the data on a Solaris build of postgres as
well, but that's coming slowly.

~DjK

1st vacuum - 70 minutes

INFO:  vacuuming "_test"
INFO:  "_test": found 0 removable, 12149265 nonremovable row versions in
492247 pages
DETAIL:  0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
There were 0 unused item pointers.
0 pages are entirely empty.
CPU 0.25s/0.05u sec elapsed 2374.30 sec.
INFO:  analyzing "_test"
INFO:  "_test": scanned 3000 of 492247 pages, containing 74030 live rows and
0 dead rows; 3000 rows in sample, 12147015 estimated total rows

Total query runtime: 4175635 ms.

2nd vacuum - 40 minutes

INFO:  vacuuming "_test"
INFO:  "_test": found 0 removable, 12149265 nonremovable row versions in
492247 pages
DETAIL:  0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
There were 0 unused item pointers.
0 pages are entirely empty.
CPU 1.98s/0.33u sec elapsed 2419.27 sec.
INFO:  analyzing "_test"
INFO:  "_est": scanned 3000 of 492247 pages, containing 74065 live rows and
0 dead rows; 3000 rows in sample, 12152758 estimated total rows

Total query runtime: 2433517 ms.