Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 05:17:45PM -0800, Gregory S. Williamson wrote:
> FWIW,
>
> I can at least report the resolution of the original problem.
>
> I went sleuthing and found some core files in the ./base/13860299 directory. Deleteing those freed up some gigabytes
ofspace (each core was 1-2 gigs).

Might want to turn off dumping of core files; I believe man ulimit is
the place to look.

>   a) upgrade to current revisions whenever possible -- old software is a hand grenade waiting to go off.

Well, at least in the case of PostgreSQL, it's generally not critical to
upgrade major (x.y) versions quickly. But you often do want to upgrade
minor (x.y.z) versions, as they often contain bug fixes. But 7.4.x is
getting pretty old.

>   c) don't run out of disk space (duh)

There have actually been fixes to make it less of an issue when you do
run out of disk space. See item a. :)

Сообщение: Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery
Сообщение: Re: full data disk -- any chance of recovery