Re: Can WE modify column of a table in postgres 7.3

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Can WE modify column of a table in postgres 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:37:51PM +0530, sharma;G.S. wrote:

> I want to rename and modify the data type of a column in postgres 7.3
> can any body help me ...that it is possible to do the above in postgres
> and if yes pls provide me the syntax

You can rename columns with ALTER TABLE:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/sql-altertable.html

In 8.0 and later you can use ALTER TABLE to change a column's type;
see the FAQ for how to do it in older versions:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#4.3

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/