Обсуждение: Can WE modify column of a table in postgres 7.3

Can WE modify column of a table in postgres 7.3

От
"sharma;G.S."
Дата:
I want to
rename and modify the data type of a column in postgres 7.3 can any body help me ...that it is possible to do the above in postgres and if yes pls provide me the syntax
thanx in advance
Disclaimer :- This e-mail message including any attachment may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, coping, altering or disclosing the content of this message. Please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Newgen Software Technologies Ltd and / or its subsidiary Companies accept no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of Newgen Software Technologies Ltd and / or its subsidiary Companies, as applicable.

Re: Can WE modify column of a table in postgres 7.3

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 12:37:51PM +0530, sharma;G.S. wrote:

> I want to rename and modify the data type of a column in postgres 7.3
> can any body help me ...that it is possible to do the above in postgres
> and if yes pls provide me the syntax

You can rename columns with ALTER TABLE:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/sql-altertable.html

In 8.0 and later you can use ALTER TABLE to change a column's type;
see the FAQ for how to do it in older versions:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#4.3

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/