Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win
Дата
Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Список pgsql-committers
Neil Conway wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Update that 8.0 will support MS Win natively.
>
> I've noticed that when we mention Win32 native support in 8.0 (both here
> and in the release notes), we don't say it is "considered to be beta",
> or "less well-tested than PostgreSQL for Unix systems", or some other
> caveat. While I haven't used the Win32 port myself, I still think such a
> disclaimer would be wise: the Win32 port has received a tiny fraction of
> the testing that the Unix port has. So we really *don't* know how
> unstable/buggy it may be, and until we have more data, I think
> under-promising is a good idea.
>
> (... or has this already been discussed over the summer?)

I think we need to actually find someone who reports a problem before
stating something.  I don't see how we can assume it is unstable without
some feedback.

Everyone knows it is is a new feature so I assume they will realize
their might be some rough edges.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win