Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I think we need to actually find someone who reports a problem before
> stating something.  I don't see how we can assume it is unstable without
> some feedback.

On the contrary, I don't see how we can assume it IS stable without any
evidence (which is effectively what we're doing if we release 8.0.0
without any special note about how stable we expect Win32 to be: we're
treating unix and win32 equally, when they clearly are not from the POV
of testing and maturity).

This is enterprise software -- I think it would be wise for us to be
conservative about what we promise our users.

> Everyone knows it is is a new feature so I assume they will realize
> their might be some rough edges.

If "everyone knows", why not document it?

-Neil

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win