Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Update that 8.0 will support MS Win natively.

I've noticed that when we mention Win32 native support in 8.0 (both here
and in the release notes), we don't say it is "considered to be beta",
or "less well-tested than PostgreSQL for Unix systems", or some other
caveat. While I haven't used the Win32 port myself, I still think such a
disclaimer would be wise: the Win32 port has received a tiny fraction of
the testing that the Unix port has. So we really *don't* know how
unstable/buggy it may be, and until we have more data, I think
under-promising is a good idea.

(... or has this already been discussed over the summer?)

-Neil