Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 04:58:39PM +0100, Denis Grannell wrote:

> I have just upgraded to 7.4.1 and since restarting
> postmaster I am getting the following error message
> in the logfile:
> "could not bind socket for statistics collector:
> "Cannot assign requested address".
> My setup is:
>
> OS :             Solaris 9(sparc)
> Postgres Version:    7.4.1 (upgraded from 7.3.2)

[snip]

> I read somewhere that, to fix this, all I would
> need to do would be to uncomment the line
> "::1  localhost" in /etc/inet/ipnodes and restart
> the postmaster. However this line is already
> uncommented on my system, also I have been using
> postgres 7.3.x versions on this exact same system
> for well over a year without any errors.

The following message suggests that the solution is to comment, not
uncomment, the "::1 localhost" line in /etc/inet/ipnodes:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-11/msg00744.php

I commented out that line on my Solaris 9 box, and the statistics
collector was then able to start.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/