could not bind socket for statistics collector:

От Denis Grannell
Тема could not bind socket for statistics collector:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have just upgraded to 7.4.1 and since restarting
postmaster I am getting the following error message
in the logfile:
"could not bind socket for statistics collector:
"Cannot assign requested address".
My setup is:

OS :             Solaris 9(sparc)
Postgres Version:    7.4.1 (upgraded from 7.3.2)

The message only started appearing after the
upgrade. It never happened on 7.3.2.
Everything else seems to be working OK, the
database save and restore worked fine between
the versions and all the data seem to be complete.
Accessing the databases using either PHP or JDBC
is all working as it always has.

I read somewhere that, to fix this, all I would
need to do would be to uncomment the line
"::1  localhost" in /etc/inet/ipnodes and restart
the postmaster. However this line is already
uncommented on my system, also I have been using
postgres 7.3.x versions on this exact same system
for well over a year without any errors.

thanks for any assistance,
Denis.

Denis Grannell, Kapuzinerstr. 45, D-80469 Muenchen
Tel:                          ++49 89 201 3672