Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> >> I've been through them.  None of 'em turn off // comments.  Or #-sign
>
> > On at least some versions of gcc it looks like --std=c89 turns them off
>
> Hmm, I haven't tried that in particular.  I wonder what else it does?

It looks from the headers, that by default that'll not define a bunch of
extensions stuff.  It's apparently enough stuff that even if I get around
the immediate problem I had I get a complaint about SIG_SETMASK being
undeclared (it looks like it's only defined when __USE_POSIX).

However, the immediate problem I have seems to come from the fact that
on Linux at least we're basically lying to configure about what's in the
system headers when we go to compile. port/linux.h on my system defined
_GNU_SOURCE which forces most/all of the extension things to be defined
even if they wouldn't by the command line options.  So, the compilation
sees different contents of the headers than configure did which means that
configure may say that something isn't defined, but it might be when
we go and compile.

Сообщение: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Сообщение: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test