Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
>> I've been through them.  None of 'em turn off // comments.  Or #-sign

> On at least some versions of gcc it looks like --std=c89 turns them off

Hmm, I haven't tried that in particular.  I wonder what else it does?

> We don't appear to compile with the option on my system however.

Yeah, I was just fighting what seemed to be a similar problem on Mac
OS X.  The vendors may or may not check that their compiler handles
all 2^N combinations of switches ... but for sure they don't check
that all the header files they supply will compile under all 2^N
combinations of switches ...