Re: Fwd: Re: Problems upgrading from 7.1.3

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Тема Re: Fwd: Re: Problems upgrading from 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,
restoration with -d -D are extremely slow unless you enclose
em in a transaction block.

could you please redirect the error while restoring from "COPY"
version of dump and post your observation.

regds
mallah.

On Thursday 06 February 2003 01:09 am, Geoffrey Wossum wrote:

> Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Problems upgrading from 7.1.3
> Date: Wednesday 05 February 2003 01:39 pm
> From: Geoffrey Wossum <geoffrey@pager.net>
> To: "Bjoern Metzdorf" <bm@turtle-entertainment.de>
>
> On Wednesday 05 February 2003 11:36 am, you wrote:
> > > I got lots of errors about "Invalid command \N" in the COPY xxx FROM
> > > statements, and most of the tables were completely empty.
> >
> > Try dumping with -d or -D:
>
> Thanks!  That seems to work around the problem.  It's a lot slower than the
> COPY's (especially for half-million row tables), but it at least it works.
>
> Is this some bug I've run into in the newer versions of PostgreSQL that
> needs to be reported, or just me not reading the manual close enough?
>
> Thanks again,
> ---
> Geoffrey Wossum
> Software Engineer
> Long Range Systems - http://www.pager.net

Regds
Mallah

Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
Project Manager (Development)
Infocom Network Limited, New Delhi
phone: +91(11)6152172 (221) (L) ,9811255597 (M)

Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.