Re: query problem

От helen liu
Тема Re: query problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Nick,

Thank you very much for your response. Actually, here is the details:-
I have a Students table with only three columns: firstname, lastname, email. I issued the following select statements:
1) select * from students;
2). select firstname, last name from students;

query 1) worked fine, but query 2) got the following message in client side:
"connect and execute query: The column index is out of range."
and at db server side, I got error message:
"LOG:  pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Connection reset by peer"

I feel that JDBC doesn't like query 2). because both query 1) & 2) works if queried in db directly.
Many thanks for any clarification on this.

Helen

 Nick Fankhauser <nickf@ontko.com> wrote:

Helen-

There is a separate JDBC list for related questions that I suggest you use
in the future.

A code sample is needed for a really good answer, but I'll make a guess.
This message is probably telling you that you are either trying to set a
value in a where clause that has a higher index than the number you
prepared. (eg: you have two columns constrained and tried to set a third.)
Or, you are trying to read a column from the resultset that has a higher
index than those you defined when preparing the statement. (eg: your query
returns two fields and you're asking for a third.)

Your SQL statement may look fine, but you're either setting or getting
something that it doesn't have.

-Nick