Re: Trouble with Cygrunsrv

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Trouble with Cygrunsrv
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
George,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 04:00:32PM -0600, George Weaver wrote:
> Thanks for you ideas - you did provide a tip (see below) which is
> helping zero in on the problem.

You are welcome.

> The PostgreSQL database that I have been using (starting up postmaster
> with pg_ctl) is located in "C:\cygwin\bin\data".  Everything works
> perfectly when I start postmaster with pg_ctl.  I have the environment
> variable PGDATA set to "data".

BTW, /bin/data is a strange place for the PostgreSQL data directory.

> I have run cygrunsrv configured as follows:
>
> "cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /bin/postmaster --a "'-D /bin/data' -i" --dep ipc-daemon --termsig INT
--shutdown"

The above runs postmaster under the LocalSystem account which is *not*
recommended.  You should use the cygrunsrv "--user" option to specify a
different user (e.g., postgres).

> Cygrunsrv configured as above installs the service.  When I try to
> start the service I get:
>
> "C:\cygwin\bin>net start postmaster
> The postmaster service is starting.
> The postmaster service could not be started."
>
> In \var\log\postmaster.log  (Thanks for the TIP!!) I find:
>
> "FATAL 1:  File  /bin/data/PG_VERSION is missing. This is not a valid data directory."

What user ran initdb?  It *must* be the same user that owns the
postmaster process.

Of course, you may have different problems caused by XP Home...

Jason

Сообщение: Re: Another XP Pro experience
Сообщение: Re: Another XP Pro experience