Re: Trouble with Cygrunsrv

От George Weaver
Тема Re: Trouble with Cygrunsrv
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi Jason,

Thanks for you ideas - you did provide a tip (see below) which is helping
zero in on the problem.

I think I'm making progress, although I have not solved the problem yet.

The PostgreSQL database that I have been using (starting up postmaster with
pg_ctl) is located in "C:\cygwin\bin\data".  Everything works perfectly when
I start postmaster with pg_ctl.  I have the environment variable PGDATA set
to "data".

I have run cygrunsrv configured as follows:

"cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /bin/postmaster --a "'-D
/bin/data' -i" --dep ipc-daemon --termsig INT --shutdown"

Cygrunsrv configured as above installs the service.  When I try to start the
service I get:

"C:\cygwin\bin>net start postmaster
The postmaster service is starting.
The postmaster service could not be started."

In \var\log\postmaster.log  (Thanks for the TIP!!) I find:

"FATAL 1:  File  /bin/data/PG_VERSION is missing. This is not a valid data
directory."

Thus it appears that Postmaster is trying to start but for some reason is
troubled by the location of the database.

I have tried every "-D" configuration I can think of without success.
PG_Version is in c:\cygwin\bin\data\ and I have not trouble starting with
pg_ctl.

Any thoughts?  Anyone?

I really appreciate the help.

George