Big 7.4 items

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Big 7.4 items
Дата
Re: Big 7.4 items  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>)
Re: Big 7.4 items  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wanted to outline some of the big items we are looking at for 7.4:

Win32 Port:
Katie Ward and Jan are working on contributing their Win32port for 7.4.  They plan to have a patch available by the end
ofDecember.

Point-In-Time Recovery (PITR)
J. R. Nield did a PITR patch late in 7.3 development, and PatrickMacDonald from Red Hat is working on merging it into
CVSandadding any missing pieces.  Patrick, do you have an ETA on that?

Replication
I have talked to Darren Johnson and I believe 7.4 is the time tomerge the Postgres-R source tree into our main CVS.
Mostof thereplication code will be in its own directory, with only minorchanges to our existing tree.  They have
single-masterreplicationworking now, so we may have that feature in somecapacity for 7.4.  I know others are working on
replicationsolutions. This is probably the time to decide for certain ifthis is the direction we want to go for
replication. Most whohave have studied Postgres-R feel it is the most promisingmulti-master replication solution for
reliablynetworked hosts.

Comments?

Pennsylvania19073