Re: Big 7.4 items

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Big 7.4 items
Дата
Re: Big 7.4 items  (Greg Copeland <greg@CopelandConsulting.Net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 06:22, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I wanted to outline some of the big items we are looking at for 7.4:
> Point-In-Time Recovery (PITR)
>
>     J. R. Nield did a PITR patch late in 7.3 development, and Patrick
>     MacDonald from Red Hat is working on merging it into CVS and
>     adding any missing pieces.  Patrick, do you have an ETA on that?

How hard would it be to extend PITR for master-slave (hot backup)
repliaction, which should then amount to continuously shipping logs to
slave and doing nonstop PITR there :)

It will never be usable for multi-master replication, but somehow it
feels that for master-slave replication simple log replay would be most
simple and robust solution.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>