Re: Big 7.4 items

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: Big 7.4 items
Дата
Re: Big 7.4 items  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 13 Dec 2002 at 1:22, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Replication
>
>     I have talked to Darren Johnson and I believe 7.4 is the time to
>     merge the Postgres-R source tree into our main CVS.  Most of the
>     replication code will be in its own directory, with only minor
>     changes to our existing tree.  They have single-master
>     replication working now, so we may have that feature in some
>     capacity for 7.4.  I know others are working on replication
>     solutions.  This is probably the time to decide for certain if
>     this is the direction we want to go for replication.  Most who
>     have have studied Postgres-R feel it is the most promising
>     multi-master replication solution for reliably networked hosts.
>
> Comments?

Some.

1) What kind of replication are we looking at? log file replay/syncnronous etc.
If it is real time, like usogres( I hope I am in line with things here), that
would be real good .Choice is always good..

2 If we are going to have replication, can we have built in load balancing? Is
it a good idea to have it in postgresql or a separate application would be way
to go?

And where are nested transactions?

ByeShridhar

--
Booker's Law:    An ounce of application is worth a ton of abstraction.