Re: [HACKERS] Postgres-based system to run .org registry?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres-based system to run .org registry?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
En Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:19:36 -0400 (EDT)
Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> escribió:

> We are showing up in places I never expected:  .org registry, tons of
> books, conventions, everywhere.  It is just a wave that keeps getting
> bigger and bigger.  I am starting to imagine what Linus felt seeing
> Linux take off;  you just sit around and wonder how it is all happening,
> and of course, it is happening because you offer a unique value to
> users, and their sharing with others just makes it continue to grow.
>
> In one word:  Amazing!

This is not without good reason.  PostgreSQL has shown repeatedly to be
an excellent product, able to compete with most commercial products.
I've just been asked to give a little administration course for people
in an government organization, where Oracle has been disregarded for
giving little gain over what PostgreSQL gives.  I am pleased to have
done such a good decision to stick with PostgreSQL a couple years ago.

I will just continue with my crusade here, where everything appears to
be only Oracle and just a little MySQL.

Of course none of this would be possible without the excellent quality
of the work people here does.  If there is something to be amazed at is
the people, their commitment and the quality of their work.  One can
only say a big "thanks!".

Thou shalt study thy libraries and strive not to reinvent them without
cause, that thy code may be short and readable and thy days pleasant
and productive. (7th Commandment for C Programmers)