Looking for foreign key guinea pigs

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Looking for foreign key guinea pigs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 I'm looking to see if anyone has
a) a development/testing server they don't mind
  testing very early pre-development stuff on
b) foreign key systems (using no action) that
  currently have deadlocking or waiting problems
c) can run realistic requests that have deadlocked
  the current triggers
d) willingness to help with debugging

I'm in very preliminary stages of trying out the
dirty read-for update barrier code in a fashion
that appears to work better in regards to locking
than what we currently have, but I only have
simple tests to run from multiple psqls
interactively right now.

I'm not sure that the no action cases (all I've
converted at the moment) are working 100% to
both not lock as badly and still maintain the
correct semantics and looking for some brave
souls to help. :)

In any case, I'm still days (at the 1/2 hour
a day I tend to get to work on it) away from
having a patch form I'm comfortable with.

If anyone's interested in helping reply here
or directly. :)