Re: EMERGENCY

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: EMERGENCY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Henrik Steffen wrote:

> Hello Tom, anyone, please help me urgently:
>
> select * from ANY_TABLE_IN_MY_DB;
>
> ALWAYS GIVES:
>
> ERROR: cannot open pg_statistic_relid_att_index: No such file or directory
>
> this is happening in my LIVE System!! how can I repair this quickly ?
>
> or is only an initb possible?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> ps.
> it's certainly still due to the memory problem. I ordered a completely new
> server which will be up and running in 2 or 3 hours hopefully. but what can I do
> now??

Seems you lost your optimizer statistics.  Not sure how to fix that.
There is a reindex command, but I don't know if it will recreate an
index that doesn't even exist anymore and creating system indexes can be
tricky.  I think the only way to do that is to start a standalone
backend with the -O flag and recreate the index.  The description I have
for the index is:

Indexes: pg_statistic_relid_att_index unique btree (starelid, staattnum)