Re: syncronizing databases?

От Linn Kubler
Тема Re: syncronizing databases?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks to all who responded to my question.  Just to bring closure to
this thread it looks like the easiest approach is to build my own at
this point.  So that's what I'll do.

Thanks again,
Linn

>>> "Linn Kubler" <LKubler@ecw.org> 07/11/02 11:09AM >>>
Hi All,

If this is the wrong list to post this question to forgive me, correct
me and I'll be out of your hair.

Here's my question:

I have two identical databases setup on separate servers and I'm
looking for ideas on how to keep the data syncronized.  I'm wondering
if
there is some feature or function of PostgresQL that will compair
tables
directly or do I need to create my own some how.  I'm running
PostgresQL
v7.1 on RedHat 7.2 servers and have a couple of users that will be
maintaining data and need to find a simple method of updating one db
based on the other one.  One of our servers is in production, serving
our website, the other is a backup server.  I'd like to have the users
only need to enter data once, preferably on the backup server and then
either periodically or on demand have the two servers sync.  Make
sense?

Thanks in advance,
Linn