Re: EMERGENCY

От Chris Albertson
Тема Re: EMERGENCY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Use initdb to build ANOTHER database, leaving your existing one
in tact.  Study the difference between the new on and yours.
Next copy some missing files from the new one.  The
error messages sound like an "fopen" someplace is failing, posably
if the fopen worked it may proceed to do its re-index???

I think what this shows us it that we need something like an
"fsck" for databases.  It should be possable to salvage anything
that is salvageable.  This would have to be a stand alone program
that would run with no postmaster running.  Maybe called "pgck".

I've had problems like this too and much hand work was required
to repair the damage.  Fortunately I logged all my source data in
a way I could "play it back" but in general you can't do that.

--- Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> Henrik Steffen wrote:
> >
> > Hello Tom, anyone, please help me urgently:
> >
> > select * from ANY_TABLE_IN_MY_DB;
> >
> > ALWAYS GIVES:
> >
> > ERROR: cannot open pg_statistic_relid_att_index: No such file or
> directory
> >
> > this is happening in my LIVE System!! how can I repair this quickly
> ?
> >
> > or is only an initb possible?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >
> > ps.
> > it's certainly still due to the memory problem. I ordered a
> completely new
> > server which will be up and running in 2 or 3 hours hopefully. but
> what can I do
> > now??
>
> Seems you lost your optimizer statistics.  Not sure how to fix that.
> There is a reindex command, but I don't know if it will recreate an
> index that doesn't even exist anymore and creating system indexes can
> be
> tricky.  I think the only way to do that is to start a standalone
> backend with the -O flag and recreate the index.  The description I
> have
> for the index is:
>
> Indexes: pg_statistic_relid_att_index unique btree (starelid,
> staattnum)
>
> --
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
> 19026

> http://archives.postgresql.org

=====
Chris Albertson