Re: Request for comment...

От Jean-Marc Pigeon
Тема Re: Request for comment...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bonjour William Meloney

> My request for comment is comprised of three parts...
>
> 1.)  What hardware should I consider when looking at Linux?  I know this is a broad
> question but the answer is simple.  What hardware are you using to run you Linux
> implementation?Dual Processor Pentium III, SCSI, 512 Meg ram
>
> 2.)  What Linux distribution is best suited for running PostgreSQL?  Again, what
> distro are you using?RedHat-7.2
>
> 3.)  Is PostgreSQL well suited for the acquisition and storage of 24/7 insert-once,
> never-update-or-delete data?  (Approximately 4 million records inserted from Jan 1
> to Mar 31)Yes, our Application (Regulus) is working 24/7, takinga lot of transaction.(I just checked, on our live
demo,new version installed  Marsh 22 we recorded 358992 transactions)Hope that help.

A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon              Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon@safe.ca
SAFE Inc.                Phone: (514) 493-4280  Fax: (514) 493-1946      REGULUS,  a real time accounting/billing
packagefor ISP          REGULUS' Home base <"http://www.regulus.safe.ca">

От: "William Meloney"
Сообщение: Request for comment...
От: Jean-Luc Lachance
Сообщение: Re: indexes separate from data