Re: Database access error after upgrade 7.1.2 -> 7.1.3

От postgresql
Тема Re: Database access error after upgrade 7.1.2 -> 7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
What happens when you update from your data dump (pg_dumpall)
that you do to backup your data? You did do a pg_dumpall before
you did the update? I don't think it is required to upgrade from 7.1.2
to 7.1.3.

What happens when you run version 7.1.2 and access the data?
/home2/pgsql /home2/pgsql-7.1.2/postmaster -D
/home2/pgsql/data -i &

This should run your old version of posgresql, then you could run
pg_dump for the database ( /home2/pgsql
/home2/pgsql-7.1.2/pg_dump **database here** > backup.out)
and use this to populate your new setup. I  see that from your startup
you are not saving the output of postgres to a file so there is no way
to look at the log.

Ted