Re: Permission Denied When i am Trying to take Backup

От Stefan Huber
Тема Re: Permission Denied When i am Trying to take Backup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi!

>    Greetings. I am using Postgresql in Red hat linux 71. When i was trying
>to take the backup it is giving the error "Permission Denied"
>     1. Login as root
>     2. su -l postgres
>     3. pg_dump databasename >filename

Who gives you the "Permission denied"? The shell? The postmaster? What is
the exact error message?

I guess, you dno't have permission to create a file as user postgres in the
directory you are working in.

If you followed the installatino guide step by step, the postgres
files/directories are owned by root, not by postgres. I always do a chown
-R postgres:daemon /usr/local/pgsql (or postgres:postgres) after installation.

Stefan

--
Cameron's Law:
An honest politician is one who, when he is bought, will stay bought.