Full backup

От Felipe Carasso
Тема Full backup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello :)

    It is important to me to be able to have a full backup of
everything needed by PostgreSQL in case of data loss. Things like hardware
problems or accidental erasure should be kept in mind.

    In order to do this, I've been doing a .tar.gz for the entire
pgsql home, and that has many drawbacks as you all probably know.

    It would be very nice, in my opinion, if the pg_dumpall tool could
include all system tables in the dump, possibly checking for superuser
access before doing that. It seems that only pg_shadow is added.

    Also, it seems that pg_dumpall is unable to pass the -F flag to
the sucessive calls to pg_dump.

    I apologise if this topic has already been raised.

[]'s                                    HHHHHHH . HHHHHHHHHHHHH          //
                                       HHHHHHH .|i HHHHRIMHARIHH       ,':
  F e l i p e                         HHHH --+~  ``\ HHHHHHHHHHHH      ; :
                                      HH  _`;      ``\_ HHHHHHHHH      ; ;
       (H r i m h a r i)             HHH`' `~'`.       ````---..___.  ,';
                                     HHHHHHHHHH \                   \//'
              C a r a s s o          HHHHHHHHHHH `|                   \
                                     HHHHHHHHHHH ,   \-\______  /~|   ;
                                      HHHHHHHHHH ;:\ :` HHH  / /   ;  :`
                                      HHHHHHHHH ;:` ;: HHHH |_ \    -\\
  hrimhari@rdc.puc-rio.br              HHHHHH +/,  _;:` HHHH _//     //
  wwwusers.rdc.puc-rio.br/hrimhari/     HHHH '  `  ~  ` HHHH ~ `    ~^-
  /"\
  \ /  Campanha da fita ASCII - contra mail html e reply nao editado
   X   ASCII ribbon campaign - against html mail and non-edited reply
  / \