Re: GNU readline and BSD license

От Patrick Welche
Тема Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 02:34:24AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> If libedit could be used as an alternative to readline depending on your
> operating system setup then there's nothing wrong with that.  NetBSD
> already went the other way around and made libedit compatible with
> readline.

I had an attempt at fooling configure to look in libedit rather than
readline, and all was OK except our libedit doesn't have "rl_special_prefixes"
so tab-complete:105 is unhappy - I don't know what it is meant to do...

Re licence business, one could argue hooks are there to use NetBSD libedit ;)

Cheers,

Patrick