Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src (Makefile.global.in)

От Ian Lance Taylor
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src (Makefile.global.in)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> That would probably work, but I'm kind of hesitant to create an empty
> input file in cvs just to serve this marginal feature.  (It wouldn't take
> /dev/null because it tries to use .//dev/null.)  Moreover, the likely
> candidate name stamp-h.in is sort of reserved for doing the same trickery
> on autoheader, in case we ever use that.
>
> I came up with this:
>
> diff -c -r1.86 configure.in
> *** configure.in        2001/01/01 23:10:09     1.86
> --- configure.in        2001/01/02 19:20:16
> ***************
> *** 1140,1144 ****
>   ],
>   [
>   # Update timestamp for config.h (see Makefile.global)
> ! echo >src/include/stamp-h
>   ])
> --- 1140,1144 ----
>   ],
>   [
>   # Update timestamp for config.h (see Makefile.global)
> ! test x"$CONFIG_HEADERS" != x"" && echo >src/include/stamp-h
>   ])
>
> This only updates the stamp file if config.h is actually being considered
> by config.status.

That's the usual approach.  For example, when automake is used with a
single configuration header in the same directory, it puts this in
configure:

test -z "$CONFIG_HEADERS" || echo timestamp > stamp-h

automake handles these sorts of details automatically.

Ian