Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Apr 12, 2018, at 09:17, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, that's interesting.  So you want the children to inherit the
> parent's tablespace when they are created, but if the parent's
> tablespace is later changed, the existing children don't move?

+1 to that behavior.

While it's always possible to just say "do the right thing" to the application when creating new children (that is,
expectthat they will always specify a tablespace if it's not the default), this seems like the least-surprising
behavior.

It's true that an unpartitioned table will always be created in the default tablespace unless otherwise specified, but
childtables are sufficiently distinct from that case that I don't see it as a painful asymmetry.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com