Re: submake-errcodes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: submake-errcodes
Дата
Re: submake-errcodes  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Devrim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=FCnd=FCz?= <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> ... still same error. Easy to reproduce on F-27 box.

I don't have F27 at hand, but I tried F26 and F28, and I can't reproduce
on either one.  I tried various combinations of python2 versus python3,
in-tree build versus VPATH from bare checkout versus VPATH from
distprep'd tree, and they all work for me.

Just to clarify, I'm experimenting with

$ git clean -dfx
$ ./configure ... --with-python [ PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 ]
$ cd src/pl/plpython/
$ make -j25

and variants of that, and what I get as a result is a make trace
starting with

make -C ../../../src/backend generated-headers

If you're not seeing that, something's very wrong, and I do not
know what.

[ time passes ]

... or then again, maybe I do.  Is it possible that your build
recipe involves invoking our makefiles from an outer "make" run?
If so, maybe you need to explicitly set MAKELEVEL=0 when invoking
our build, to keep it from thinking it is a sub-make.  Not sure
about whether it'd be wise to reset MAKEFLAGS as well.