Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 9:55 PM, David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I imagine the correct thing to do is properly record the TABLESPACE
> option for the partitioned table then make child tables use that if
> nothing else was specified.
>
> This would allow the parent partition's tablespace to be changed from
> time to time as disk partitions become full to allow the new
> partitions to be created in the tablespace which sits on a disk with
> the most free space.

Hmm, that's interesting.  So you want the children to inherit the
parent's tablespace when they are created, but if the parent's
tablespace is later changed, the existing children don't move?  I
guess that's a defensible behavior, but it's not one I would have
considered.  It's certainly quite different from what the TABLESPACE
option means when applied to an unpartitioned table.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company