Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Native partitioning tablespace inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Apr 12, 2018, at 2:36 PM, Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 12, 2018, at 09:17, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, that's interesting.  So you want the children to inherit the
>> parent's tablespace when they are created, but if the parent's
>> tablespace is later changed, the existing children don't move?
>
> +1 to that behavior.
>
> While it's always possible to just say "do the right thing" to the application when creating new children (that is,
expectthat they will always specify a tablespace if it's not the default), this seems like the least-surprising
behavior.

> It's true that an unpartitioned table will always be created in the default tablespace unless otherwise specified,
butchild tables are sufficiently distinct from that case that I don't see it as a painful asymmetry.

If there are no strong objections I am going to add this to the “Older Bugs”
section of Open Items in a little bit.

Jonathan

От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: submake-errcodes
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: wal_consistency_checking reports an inconsistency on master branch